Virtual product photography is an innovative way of displaying your products. It can give you greater control over your product images than traditional photography, and is cost effective. Through 3D modeling and rendering we can create images of your product before it even exists; giving you the ability to visualize your product and make important design decisions before going into final production.
Here are some reasons why you should consider imaging your product virtually:
• Consistency – Virtual products exist in a software studio that is unchanging. Once the studio environment is set up it is never broken down. If you launch a product one year, and create another product the next year, the lighting set up and camera angle for the products is exactly the same.
• Flawless – Real products may look good at a glance, but through the eye of a lens many imperfections are revealed. Bent corners, scratched surfaces, glue marks, dust, and ink bleeds are among many things that can degrade your products appearance. Most of these problems can be corrected in Photoshop, but the time and expertise required to fix these issues is expensive. With virtual imaging your product is built to perfection and is incapable of being physically damaged.
• Cost - Traditional product photography requires a large space and costly equipment. Many professional photographers charge a minimum of a half day's work, even if the shoot doesn't take that long, because of the amount of time needed to set up their studio and process images afterwards. In virtual photography many products can be put into ready-made studio environments, and then quickly adjusted for the product's particular needs. The only equipment needed is a computer and the hands of an experienced product modeler.
• Concept Development – Sending your products or packing into production is an expensive investment. Knowing exactly what your products will look like before they come off the assembly line will give you the confidence you need to make the right decisions. 3D rendering will help you and your investors to visualize your product, and make any necessary changes before it's too late.
• Flexibility - Have you ever had your product photographed and then a week later wished you had that photo at a different angle? Have you wanted to see your product shot at several locations? Have you wanted to create a product ad that was abstract or impossible to create physically? Virtual photography can open the doors to wide variety images that you could previously only dream about!
Call Colin's Workshop today to see if virtual product imaging is right for you!